Florida International University
Miami is well known for sun, sea sand and surf, as well as fabulous dining opportunities and fantastic art deco architecture. Add to this mix attractions that are steeped in culture and history and incredible outdoor leisure activities and you begin to realize why so many people are relocating to the city. However, there is another reason that more and more people are seeking to make Miami their home – and this is the fabulous educational opportunities in and near the city.
One of the premier educational institutions in the area is Florida International University. The University which can be found at 11200 SW 8th St, Miami, FL 33199is one of the premier institutes of higher learning in the United States. In it is also one of the largest educational institutions in the U.S. with a student population numbering around 57,000. It is currently in sixth place as far as student numbers are concerned.
The University offers 112 undergraduate degree programs that see students from all over the globe gathering to enjoy both its world-class academic programs. 3,300 International students from 150 countries are enrolled. The University also boasts a vibrant social scene – which is so important to any well-rounded education.
Aside from academics and the social life that students enjoy, the University also adds value to student life through a number of organizations that are active on campus. In fact, the University has over 200 active student organizations – so there is always something to attract the attention of those who are studying on the campus.
The idea that a university experience should be more than a simple drive toward academic excellence is something that guides the University authorities to ever greater heights when it comes to adding value to the University experience. Aside from many cultural, educational and social events, there is also the schools ‘Wellness and Recreation Center’ where students can exercise using the latest exercise equipment. Hungry minds also require fuel – and the main campus boasts 30 dining destinations – serving everything from great cups of coffee to international cuisine. Students at Florida International University have no excuse for going hungry.
Those who want to explore the sporting life are also catered for – the University currently boasts 18 top-flight sports teams that are active in sporting disciplines such as soccer, volleyball, American Football and other sporting codes.
Florida International University offers students the perfect opportunity to balance academics with leisure, sports and fitness. The result is a well-rounded education. It is a school well worth exploring.
Directions From Main Campus
From the Main Campus at 11200 SW 8th St, Miami, FL 33199 to our Miami office at 28 W. Flagler St. #1200-C Miami, FL 33130 .
1. Head north on E Campus Cir/University Dr toward SW 8th St/Tamiami Trail. Continue for 30 ft.
2. Turn right at the 1st cross street onto SW 8th St/Tamiami Trail. Continue for 0.2 mile.
3. Use the left 2 lanes to turn left onto FL-985 N/SW 107th Ave. Drive for 1.3 miles.
4. Use the right 2 lanes to turn right to merge with FL-836 E toward Airport. Continue for 0.3 mile.
5. Merge with FL-836 E. Continue for 10.1 miles.
6. Use the right 2 lanes to merge with I-95 S toward Downtown. Continue for 1.2 miles.
7. Use the left 2 lanes to take exit 2C for Miami Ave. Drive for 0.4 mile.
8. Keep right at the Y junction and merge with SW 3rd St. Drive for 210 ft.
9. Merge with SW 3rd St. Drive for 0.1 mile.
10. Turn right onto SW 1st Ct. Drive for 0.1 mile.
11. Turn right onto SW 1st St. Continue for 230 ft.
12. Turn left onto SW 1st Ave. Continue for 305 ft.
13. Turn right at the 1st cross street onto W Flagler St and continue for 436 ft. Our office will be on the right.
Directions From Biscayne Bay Campus
Directions From Downtown – Brickell Campus
If you like collegiate sports at FIU, you may want to check out our local pro basketball team, the Miami Heat playing at the American Airlines Arena .