Go Wild At Miami's Jungle Island
Jungle Island has been one of Miami’s most treasured attractions ever since 1936 and today boasts 1.35 miles of trails that transport the visitor to the steamy jungles that are such an important part of the earth’s natural ecosystem. However, all this happens on Watson Island – within easy walking distance of both Miami Beach and Downtown.
This is a destination that will reward an entire day’s exploration. There are almost too many attractions to mention – all of them involving encounters with rare and endangered species. Some of the highlights include getting face to face with the world’s only tame Cassowary – which goes by the name of ‘Mama Cass’. These flightless birds (which can reach a height of 6.6 feet) can be found in the wild in places like Papua New Guinea and Australia. It’s been called ‘the world’s most dangerous bird – if riled, Cassowary’s can inflict serious wounds with their razor-sharp claws. But Mama Cass is a sweetheart.
Visitors can also marvel at the 11-foot wingspan of the park’s resident Condor and catch a glimpse of white tigers and lions – as well as two magnificent Royal Bengal Tigers.
While visiting Jungle Island visitors should definitely set aside time to marvel at the magnificent views from ‘Parrot Cove’ – Miami’s only private beach, which is part of the park.
There is so much more to do at Jungle Island. Hand-feed friendly parrots and flamingos, get up close and personal with a sleepy sloth, laze about with lemurs, enjoy soaring like an eagle in the indoor wind tunnel and plot your way out of one of the escape room experiences at the park.
This is a Miami experience that should not be missed. It is simply great fun for the entire family.
2. Continue straight (signs for I-95/Miami Beach). Continue for 115 ft.
3. Take the ramp to I-95. Drive for 0.1 mile.
4. Merge with MacArthur Causeway. Continue for 0.9 mile.
5. Take exit 2 toward US-1/Biscayne Blvd/Arenas/Pac. Continue for 0.1 mile.
6. Continue onto NE 13th St. Continue for 367 ft.
7. Use the left 2 lanes to turn left onto Biscayne Blvd. Drive for 0.9 mile.
8. Turn right onto E Flagler St. Drive for 0.4 mile. Our office will be on the left.
Learn about Miami’s other attraction, LoanDepot Park