It's A Wild Wild World At Zoo Miami
Miami is one of the premier vacation destinations in the United States. The wonderful Florida weather and a huge selection of leisure activities such as hiking and exploring the fabulous beaches in the area allow those who visit the city to take advantage of those sun-drenched days. Included in the Miami experience is access to some of the best dining destinations in the U.S. and the awe-inspiring art deco architecture in the city. Vibrant nightlife also plays its part in keeping the city at top of mind with both local and international tourists. It is also a favorite vacation destination for families – due to the wealth of family-friendly attractions that can be found scattered around the city.
One of the most popular of these attractions is Zoo Miami (more properly known as The ‘Miami-Dade Zoological Park and Gardens’). The Zoo, which can be found at 12400 SW 152nd St, Miami, FL 33177, about about 20 miles southwest of downtown Miami is a delight for both adults and the younger members of the family.
One of the attractions of Zoo Miami is the fact that it is the only zoo in the United States that is set in a sub-tropical environment. This allows the Zoo to house animals from as far afield as Africa, Asia, Australia and South America in settings that closely mimic the natural environments of their home ranges.
The grounds of the Zoo stretch over 750 acres – so there is plenty to capture the interest of young and old. In fact, so extensive is the property and so varied are the flora (1,000 species of trees and other plants) and fauna (3,000 animals representing 500 species) that call the Zoo home that it might be advisable to set aside an entire day to explore its wonders.
Adding to the natural feel of the Zoo is the fact that the animals are not caged – rather the designers have used moats to separate visitors from the species that populate the Zoo. The result is a relaxing and intimate experience of nature at its very best.
Zoo Miami is open to visitors from Monday to Friday during the hours 10 am to 5 pm. Visitors who want to avoid the crowds will get the most out of their zoo experience by arriving as the gates open in the morning. Admission prices range from just under $19 to around $23.
After you leave Zoo Miami, start off going east on SW 152nd St. to our Miami Injury office at 28 W. Flagler St. #1200-C Miami, FL 33134
1. Head north on SW 124th Ave toward SW 152nd St/Coral Reef Dr. Continue for 89 ft.
2. Use the right 2 lanes to turn right at the 1st cross street onto SW 152nd St/Coral Reef Dr. Continue for 0.7 mile.
3. Use the left 2 lanes to turn left onto SW 117th Ave. Drive for 0.3 mile.
4. Use the left 2 lanes to turn left onto the Florida Turnpike N ramp to Orlando. Continue for 1.1 miles.
5. Keep left at the Y junction, follow signs for FL-874/FL-826/Miami and merge with FL-874 N. Continue for 0.3 mile.
6. Merge with FL-874 N. Continue for 7.0 miles.
7. Merge with FL-826 N. Continue for 3.0 miles.
8. Use the right 3 lanes to take the FL-836 E exit. Drive for 1.1 miles.
9. Merge with FL-836. Drive for 6.7 miles.
10. Use the right 2 lanes to merge with I-95 S toward Downtown. Drive for 1.2 miles.
11. Use the left 2 lanes to take exit 2C for Miami Ave. Continue for 0.4 mile.
12. Keep right at the Y junction and merge with SW 3rd St. Continue for 210 ft.
13. Merge with SW 3rd St. Drive for 0.1 mile.
14. Turn right onto SW 1st Ct. Drive for 0.1 mile.
15. Turn right onto SW 1st St. Continue for 230 ft.
16. Turn left onto SW 1st Ave. Continue for 305 ft.
17. Turn right at the 1st cross street onto W Flagler St and continue for 436 ft. Our office will be on the right
See Map below: